Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for Visiting my Blog :)
I wrote my minds in here, I hope my articles will be useful for you.
If you don't mind, please, be my follower so that we can share our minds, thanks.

mylife-diechemie.blogspot.com
My Email: dertraum0127@gmail.com

Thank you for all participants supporting this blog. Especially the download link's sources and bibliographies.

I'm not an expert teacher or lecturer of chemistry. I was only a student from SMA NEGERI 15 SURABAYA who had been one of the Bronze Medalist Participants of Olimpiade Sains Nasional X (2011) of Chemistry In Manado, North Sulawesi, 11 - 16 September 2011 and graduated in 2012. Now, I'm studying at Universitas Airlangga in Surabaya, Indonesia. I do love chemistry and I would like to help them who had difficulties in studying chemistry. That's why, please understand me if you found some misconcepts in my entries. Suggestions are always necessary in order to develop this blog. And I'm sorry because my English isn't so well.

All posts are originally created by me. I never stole from any sites or somebody's blog. Although sometimes I took pictures or data from other sites, I always wrote the source of that pictures or data.


Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

The Documents

Monday, December 26, 2011

Esterification

We know if an alcohol is reacted with a carboxylic acid in the acid environment and heat, an ester will be formed. Now, my question is: What is the suitable mechanism reaction for esterification reaction?

For an example, let me use Ethanol and Acetic Acid.


Revision from Wikipedia, The better mechanism Reaction (Fischer Esterification Mechanism)



The mechanism reaction is the mechanism proposed by me, if somebody has another mechanism reaction, that's okay, we can share our mechanism reaction of esterification reaction.

Diazomethane Esterification Reaction
There are so many ways to make an ester. For an example, I will give you how to make an ester from diazomethane.



Source:
Documents of Pelatnas I IChO 2012

Further Reading. . .
Wikipedia

6 comments:

  1. H+ yg di esterifikasi tu berasal dari asam karboksilat nya ato ada penambahan senyawa asam lg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Itu berasal dari katalis asamnya, contohnya H2SO4, kan kita tau esterifikasi berlangsung dalam suasana asam..

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm tp asam karboksilat kan termasuk asam , jd tanpa penambahan asam kan reaktan ttp bersifat asam?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kalau menurutku, dari mekanisme reaksinya (ini mekanisme pemberian dari Pelatnas), asam karboksilat harus mendapatkan proton dari katalis asam, bukan memanfaatkan sifat asamnya sendiri. Kalaupun asam karboksilat terionisasi, aku masih belum menemukan mekanisme yang sesuai..

    Lagipula dulu aku pernah nyoba, kita nggak bisa menghasilkan ester begitu saja dengan mereaksikan asam asetat dan etanol kemudian dipanaskan, harus ada katalisnya..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh iya, yang ini aku agak lupa tapinya, stelah diteliti dengan isotop O-18, ternyata H2O yang dihasilkan bukan berasal dari gugus hidroksi, tapi dari gugus karbonil...

    Mekanisme yang diatas perlu diperbaiki sedikit..

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmmm bner jg sih

    hahaha aq jg pernah reaksikan asam asetat dengan etil alkohol
    pasti bau nya cman bau cuka aj , wkwkwkwk

    ReplyDelete