Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for Visiting my Blog :)
I wrote my minds in here, I hope my articles will be useful for you.
If you don't mind, please, be my follower so that we can share our minds, thanks.

mylife-diechemie.blogspot.com
My Email: dertraum0127@gmail.com

Thank you for all participants supporting this blog. Especially the download link's sources and bibliographies.

I'm not an expert teacher or lecturer of chemistry. I was only a student from SMA NEGERI 15 SURABAYA who had been one of the Bronze Medalist Participants of Olimpiade Sains Nasional X (2011) of Chemistry In Manado, North Sulawesi, 11 - 16 September 2011 and graduated in 2012. Now, I'm studying at Universitas Airlangga in Surabaya, Indonesia. I do love chemistry and I would like to help them who had difficulties in studying chemistry. That's why, please understand me if you found some misconcepts in my entries. Suggestions are always necessary in order to develop this blog. And I'm sorry because my English isn't so well.

All posts are originally created by me. I never stole from any sites or somebody's blog. Although sometimes I took pictures or data from other sites, I always wrote the source of that pictures or data.


Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

The Documents

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Gattermann - Koch Reaction

Gatterman - Koch reaction is one of methods to synthesis benzaldehyde. This method is found by Ludwig Gattermann and Julius Arnold Koch, chemists from German. See the mechanism reaction below:



From the mechanism reaction above, we know that the conclusion of this reaction is: the Friedel-Crafts Acylation Reaction. In my opinion, the chloro methanal must be produced in situ because of its stability. The chlor atom in methanal makes this compound unstable because of the high electronegativity of chlorin.
Aluminium chloride attract the chlor to form a complex ion of AlCl4-. A carbocation formed and benzene attract this cation to form benzaldeyde.

Further Reading . . .
Wikipedia


No comments:

Post a Comment