Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for Visiting my Blog :)
I wrote my minds in here, I hope my articles will be useful for you.
If you don't mind, please, be my follower so that we can share our minds, thanks.

mylife-diechemie.blogspot.com
My Email: dertraum0127@gmail.com

Thank you for all participants supporting this blog. Especially the download link's sources and bibliographies.

I'm not an expert teacher or lecturer of chemistry. I was only a student from SMA NEGERI 15 SURABAYA who had been one of the Bronze Medalist Participants of Olimpiade Sains Nasional X (2011) of Chemistry In Manado, North Sulawesi, 11 - 16 September 2011 and graduated in 2012. Now, I'm studying at Universitas Airlangga in Surabaya, Indonesia. I do love chemistry and I would like to help them who had difficulties in studying chemistry. That's why, please understand me if you found some misconcepts in my entries. Suggestions are always necessary in order to develop this blog. And I'm sorry because my English isn't so well.

All posts are originally created by me. I never stole from any sites or somebody's blog. Although sometimes I took pictures or data from other sites, I always wrote the source of that pictures or data.


Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

The Documents

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Wolff - Kishner and Clemmensen Reduction

The important principle Wolff - Kishner and Clemmensen is the same: Reduct aldehyde or ketone to alkane. Still, they have a difference: Wolff - Kishner Reduction (Reagents: Hydrazine then Strong Base usually KOH) happens in base condition but Clemmensen Reduction (Reagents: Zn(Hg) then HCl) happens in acid condition.

Let's see the mechanism reaction of those two methods above:

Wolff - Kishner Reduction


Clemmensen Reduction



Further Reading . . .
Wikipedia


No comments:

Post a Comment