Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for Visiting my Blog :)
I wrote my minds in here, I hope my articles will be useful for you.
If you don't mind, please, be my follower so that we can share our minds, thanks.

mylife-diechemie.blogspot.com
My Email: dertraum0127@gmail.com

Thank you for all participants supporting this blog. Especially the download link's sources and bibliographies.

I'm not an expert teacher or lecturer of chemistry. I was only a student from SMA NEGERI 15 SURABAYA who had been one of the Bronze Medalist Participants of Olimpiade Sains Nasional X (2011) of Chemistry In Manado, North Sulawesi, 11 - 16 September 2011 and graduated in 2012. Now, I'm studying at Universitas Airlangga in Surabaya, Indonesia. I do love chemistry and I would like to help them who had difficulties in studying chemistry. That's why, please understand me if you found some misconcepts in my entries. Suggestions are always necessary in order to develop this blog. And I'm sorry because my English isn't so well.

All posts are originally created by me. I never stole from any sites or somebody's blog. Although sometimes I took pictures or data from other sites, I always wrote the source of that pictures or data.


Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Organometallic Compound as a Catalyst

For an introduction, the organometal compound used is used to has total of 18 outer electrons. For an example: η-C5H5Fe(CO)2 has 6 outer electrons from the phenyl group, 4 outer electrons from CO, and of course 8 outer electrons from Fe(0) so that this compound has 18 outer electrons. Commonly, a complex compound which has 18 outer electrons are stable. But there must be exceptions, for an example, [NiCl2(PPh3)2] has 16 outer electrons and it is stable.


Structure of η-C5H5Fe(CO)2

Now, let's see what Catalyst Reaction is. There are 5 types of Catalyst Reaction: Insertion, Element Reduction, Oxidative Addition, Trans-Metallation, and Beta-H-Elimination. See the pictures below as the illustration:




Enough with the illustration, now let's see the examples:



Can you guess which is the product? PdL2? A? B? or C?
The purpose of this reaction is to catalyst the process of substitution of alkyl halide with an alkene, so the product is C. Process 1 is the Oxidative Addition, Process 2 is the Trans-Metallation, and Process 3 is the Element Reduction.


Thank you.

Source:
Document of Pelatnas 2 IChO 2012

2 comments:

  1. i'm chemistry student
    alredy follow this wondderful blog^^

    ReplyDelete