Welcome To My Blog

Thanks for Visiting my Blog :)
I wrote my minds in here, I hope my articles will be useful for you.
If you don't mind, please, be my follower so that we can share our minds, thanks.

mylife-diechemie.blogspot.com
My Email: dertraum0127@gmail.com

Thank you for all participants supporting this blog. Especially the download link's sources and bibliographies.

I'm not an expert teacher or lecturer of chemistry. I was only a student from SMA NEGERI 15 SURABAYA who had been one of the Bronze Medalist Participants of Olimpiade Sains Nasional X (2011) of Chemistry In Manado, North Sulawesi, 11 - 16 September 2011 and graduated in 2012. Now, I'm studying at Universitas Airlangga in Surabaya, Indonesia. I do love chemistry and I would like to help them who had difficulties in studying chemistry. That's why, please understand me if you found some misconcepts in my entries. Suggestions are always necessary in order to develop this blog. And I'm sorry because my English isn't so well.

All posts are originally created by me. I never stole from any sites or somebody's blog. Although sometimes I took pictures or data from other sites, I always wrote the source of that pictures or data.


Protected by Copyscape Unique Content Checker

Sunday, April 08, 2012

Soal Latihan Persiapan IChO (Part IX)

Allotropes of Carbon and Its Structure

Carbon has two main allotropes, there are: Diamond and Graphite. Diamond and graphite has so many differences of chemical property, especially in their hardness and the electrical conductivity. These properties are caused by its structural compound.

a. If it is known that the radius between two carbon atoms in diamond is 77.225 pm, calculate the density of Diamond.

Scientists have developed the process to change graphite into diamond. Although the diamond produced isn't as beautiful as the natural one, but this diamond has the hardness intensity almost the same as the natural diamond. The reaction of this process is written as follows:



In this process, it is needed a very-high temperature and pressure. The pressure given in this process is about 60000 atm. Nickel or Iron is used as the catalyst.

b. Calculate the temperature needed to change graphite into diamond.
c. Why does the color of diamond produced isn't like the natural diamond?



Created by:
Muhammad Farras Wibisono
SMA Taruna Nusantara Magelang



No comments:

Post a Comment